Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Picking out a babysitter

When parents are picking out babysitters, they will choose who they think is best for there kids and who they are comfortable with! When introducing yourself, be YOU! Dont be some sweetheart when talking to the parents then when your hanging with your friends swearing up a storm. Obviously if your swearing you need to clean up your act before you will be getting any jobs! Show them who you are. Answer honestly! Example:

Hello! I am Sydney and I am 14. The most kids I have babysat at a time was 7. My rates are $5-$10 depending on the amount of children you have and how old they are. I have loved kids ever sense I remember! I live in (enter your city here)! My hours are very flexible. I am completely comfortable doing bedtime and mealtime.

That is just an intro. Let them ask every question in the book if they want to! You are going to be watching there babies, there gunna need to be comfortable with you! Here as some possible questions:

What age children do you most enjoy? Least enjoy? Why? Which age group are you most comfortable/experienced with? By favorite age is 7 months and 1 year. They are just so curious and it is very interesting to watch them! I dont really not enjoy any age! I like little kids because there cute but I also like older kids because it is very easy for me to connect with them! I am most experienced with kids 2 months-7 years.

Do you know how to change a diaper..and are you comfortable with changing even the really messy kinds? Absolutly! It is just another part of the job!(: Poopy diapers are okay. Hey, everyone has to go! Even babies...!

Are you comfortable being in my home at night or for an extended period? That is just fine! I have always wanted to do a night job! I dont mind staying up late, it gives me more time to clean!(:

Do you have experience in bathing children? I do! I have done babies and two year olds! I dont mind it at all!

Are you OK if a job runs later than planned? As long as it's not to bad, that is completely fine!

Do you work on holidays? Most holiday's, yes. New years and holidays like that are fine! Not Christmas. I do not babysit then but most other holidays are fine!

Why do you want to continue babysitting? I LOVE working with kids and couldn't think of doing anything else! I think it is so fun growing up with the kids and seeing there new adventures!

Well I hope this helps you out when preparing! Thanks for reading!
Sydney

No comments: